Hallo lieber Besucher - Meld Dich kostenlos an und mach mit!
Offroad Forum :: Deutschlands größtes markenübergreifendes und werbefreies Allradforum
Login:    
Melde Dich (natürlich kostenlos) an und log Dich ein - Dann ist das Forum komplett werbefrei.
Karpaten tour (Hard)

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Offroad Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Erlebnisse, Reiseberichte und Geschichten unterm Sternenhimmel Beiträge seit dem letzten Besuch anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Romi2121
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2009

...und hat diesen Thread vor 1542 Tagen gestartet!

Fahrzeuge
1. Lada Niva 1985, Lada Niva M 2010, Nissan Patrol Y60 Station 1991
BeitragVerfasst am: 08.01.2020 21:35:21    Titel: Karpaten tour (Hard)
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Most difficult tour in 2019
Long time I planed this tour. In Karpaten we have area, where tourism not so popular. But this means, that there more wilde area. For suare you will not meet there nobody in October mounts. Also for me was very interesting visit this area, because on the beginning of my off-road life, I was there. Yes, it was nearly 5% from 100 what I drove, but it was only motivation coming here again.
Exectly some days before start tor, temperature goo down. In mountains was first snow. This make me wery pesimistical. Normaly in hot summer season, there areas wery muddy. And in October, with snow… Nearly no chances.
On this tour was two teams : Michael and Bastian (Lada Niva) and Martin with his son Vincent (Lada Niva).
Some words about cars. Two nivas was very good equipped: front and rear air lockers, low transfer cases, winches, spare parts, spare petrol and food for one week without civilization.
Michael niva hade Mickey Thompson tyres in 30 size. On such size tyres car can drive in deep track. Martin niva hade smaller size tyres. And different between this two nivas was. Martin more times stuck in deep track.
My Patrol have extremely used BF Goodrich tyres in very small size (33/10.5r15) for this car in this areas. Also Winch, rear locker.
Also want write some thing about areas. It is most difficult terrain in Ukraine karpaten. Distance of difficult part, near 40 km. It is not so much. And all this I planned for one week tour. Track is running most time exactly on the top of the mountains, which are not so high. There no open areas, only forest.
To enter track, we need come up to the pass. But, it was not easy. Most big problem make for us snow. On snow was not possible drive steep uphill. Decision was search alternative track. For this was spend 2 next days…

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
tomislaw
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2018

Fahrzeuge
1. Pajero IV 3,2
BeitragVerfasst am: 08.01.2020 23:02:26    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Very nice report.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Romi2121
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2009

Fahrzeuge
BeitragVerfasst am: 08.01.2020 23:05:17    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

tomislaw hat folgendes geschrieben:
Very nice report.

Thanks, but it is only first day - begining.

DuneHopper
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Mitte 2011

Fahrzeuge
1. Jeep Grand Cherokee WG 2.7CRD 2004
2. ex-Nissan XTerra 4.0S 2008
3. ex-Jeep Wrangler YJ 4.0 1993
BeitragVerfasst am: 09.01.2020 07:38:42    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Hey Romi,

great pictures; sound like a big adventure. Looking forward to the next days! :-D

Cheers,
Martin

The Movie: Desertdriving in Qatar

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden
Romi2121
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2009

Fahrzeuge
BeitragVerfasst am: 09.01.2020 13:07:21    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

DuneHopper hat folgendes geschrieben:
Hey Romi,

great pictures; sound like a big adventure. Looking forward to the next days! :-D

Cheers,
Martin

Thanks Martin! Now coming second part of story...

We wery late do camp. Normally it is 18 oclock local time. But this time after sun go down, also temperature start go down very fast. We decide spend this time in drive. From top of pass we enter old woodcutter track. In some areas we enter not long pieces of old forest. There was lot of fallen down trees. And this means, that we will have cold night, because we can not reach low altitude. Our plan was drive maximum down from top.
After 2 hours drive and 500 meters distance, stoped for camp. Outside temperature was near -3C. In morning temperature was -7 degrees. It was the most cold night during this tour.

Low temperature from one side make night not so comfort, but from other side they help for us in next day. In front of us was short, but steep uphill, and later long steed downhill. All mud was frozen, and we decide use this chance.
But include frozen ground, we must use winches. Car by car, we reach the top. Also every 50 – 100 meters we work with chainsaw. This road was not used long time. But this was only beginning of work!

On the steep and long down hill, we lost so much altitude and enter forest. There work only chain saw. Just explain: I was drive car till first fallen down tree. Take the chaine saw, cut and see next fallen down tree. Ok, no sens drive with car this 10 meters and i walk to the next one. This situation happened after every cut tree. On the way back we walk near 500 meters till cars. It was really funny. This road also was used last time maybe 3-4 years ago. This later we know from truck driver. Also temperature was much warmer than in morning on the top. Road was very interesting from technical driving side. But also from nature side, very wild and old forest.

Soon we was blocked with KAMAZ truck. On front axle they broken leaf springs holder and he can not move to front and back. The most funny was, that if he drive 10 m back, we can continue. Our pass was not possible. So, I was try help him drive backward, rest participant spend time for lunch. After 1.5 hours was free, and take direction again up to the pass.

After end of river road, we take direction up. Beginning of hill was with very deep track. Some meters I made, but later I must drive back. It was for minimum 35 size tyres. No sense use and destroy Winch on the beginning of tour. And in this areas Winch is most important. We was find track where was cutted wood. But there was also not easy find direction. So much high stumps was ready destroy suspension and body. Again work with saw, sand tracks, winching… After enter forest, we was very tired, also time was for camp. We do camp directly on the track. For sure nobody will drive here…

angelone
Abenteurer
Abenteurer

Mit dabei seit Ende 2011

Fahrzeuge
1. '17 Jimny Comfort AT
2. '98 Santana Long
BeitragVerfasst am: 14.01.2020 18:11:16    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

That looks like a really beautiful but brutal track to drive :)
Thanks for the report and the photos.
Can't wait for the rest :)

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden
Romi2121
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2009

Fahrzeuge
BeitragVerfasst am: 14.01.2020 23:15:21    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

angelone hat folgendes geschrieben:
That looks like a really beautiful but brutal track to drive :)
Thanks for the report and the photos.
Can't wait for the rest :)

Thanks Martin!
Brutal traks will be in next part. This was only the way to the start point, We was not ready for such... Nee, oder?

Romi2121
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2009

Fahrzeuge
BeitragVerfasst am: 15.01.2020 20:37:53    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Third day of tour started, and we still not on the planed start position of the hard part of track!!! From camp place we continue the road up to the top. In morning I decide walk up and check the condition of road. At 150 meters from camp I was understand, this day will be with maximum low distance. When I was enter old forest, I also enter mud paradise… In rubber shoes, time at time I need think, go or no. Mud holes was full with untouched mud and covere with leaves. And in most time, they looks like don't have bottom. The first two days our distance was 6 -8 km.
I return back with not optimistic face)). Michael and Martin ask me drive last, because Patrol too much heavy and in mud they doo to deep track. So, let's start to the adventure…

Michael and Martin decide drive on ATV track. They was much better. Main track on the beginning had one small mud hole, which we was pass without any problems. But second one… Ok, I decide also enter ATV track. But on the beginning I was check the possibility for Patrol. And of course in the end for long wheelbase car no possible. No any alternative, I must drive through this big mud hole. I try hold maximum right side, because if drive straight, it was really deep.
So, directly on the beginning I was stuck… Winching time. I try Winch out the car to the right side, out from main track. But there was also not much space, because on the right side was also big mud hole. Both Niva at this time overpass this heavy part of track on atv track, and enter maine road. They continue drive only next 200 meters. There coming steep part of road and deep track. Inside track was not possible drive. I think 35 size there was the minimum size. Slowly with Winch and 6 more hands I was out from there. Sad, that I don't make any picture. Was made only one, but it was far from mud hole.

Shortly, I was behind Martin Niva. He was slipped down inside track. When i saw the track, my decision was 100% don't drive the main track. I left car and start look where it possible drive around, not on this deep track.

In soul I Niva driver. It was and still my favorite car. This means, I all saw with eyes like Niva driver: h-m-m, here little to the left side, there very careful turn 4 times, and i will pass the the big tree… 
When I enter planned direction, which I was check, it looks completely other. Where I dont see problem, there was difficult enter with Patrol between trees. And when I arrive to place, where I saw, that will be difficult, I understand, I must drive car from outside. I drive car only with Winch. And it was question not of cm, I think some millimeters.
In this time Michael enter main track, soon also Martin. And when I left this place, I drive next 30 meters. There I was blocked between 4 trees completely… It was normal gate for niva. But for long Patrol no any chance. And in one moment I understand, that it no possible continue to front, and also no possible return…

It was possible cut one tree, and no more problem, but this I don’t want do… decision was, use jack. For use jack, I needed remove spare Wheel. And together with Bastian we start lift up the rear part of Patrol and push up hill with hi Jack. It was not easy , We spend for all more than 1.5 hours.
After all, we enter main track and drive till 2 Nivas. There we have lunch time. Total distance from camp was not more than 1 km!
After 30 minutes lunch break, we continue. Ground 100% mud. No any stone. Everything totally wet. With low speed on wheels no possible move.

Walk to help and search the best direction, I detect lot of trenches from First World War. They were everywhere. And next two days we saw them always.

We was stopped with one long and very deep mud hole. There we must work with shovels, to make channel. With help of channel we reduce water level. On picture possible saw the water line before, and actual. But even with reduced water level, it was very deep.

On this picture are planed place, start position for near 40 km heawy terraine…

We drive not more than 300 meters from planned start position on the top. Soon we stop and decide check track. We walk more than 1 km. And it was enough to understand – we capitulate … There was two wery big and deep mud holes. Also the track all time to much deep. And drive on top in wet condition no possible.
We turn back and drive this 300 meters. There we make camp.

Roadrunner69
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2015

Fahrzeuge
1. Y60 kurz , Y60 lang, Vitara ET/TA
BeitragVerfasst am: 22.03.2020 09:30:41    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Super Bilder YES YES
Echt beeindruckend, Respekt war auch schon 2 mal in RO, wenn alles gut geht ist es im Herbst wieder so weit. traurig

Romi2121
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2009

Fahrzeuge
BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2020 15:54:48    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

From this point we take direction back. It was fourth day of tour. And we have only two more nights planed. We vas not ready continue in hard areas. But even we turned back, track was very interesting. You can see this in next pictures

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Offroad Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Erlebnisse, Reiseberichte und Geschichten unterm Sternenhimmel
Seite 1 von 1 Beiträge seit dem letzten Besuch anzeigen || Nach oben
Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen

Forensicherheit

12786 Angriffe abgewehrt

Zeit für Seitenerstellung: 0.491  Sekunden 

Software: phpBB © phpBB Group :: Extensions: flashman.TV :: Impressum + Rechtliches :: Datenschutzerklärung :: Das Team im Überblick :: Filter- und PN-Ignorier-Einstellungen