Hallo lieber Besucher - Meld Dich kostenlos an und mach mit!
Offroad Forum :: Deutschlands größtes markenübergreifendes und werbefreies Allradforum
Login:    
Melde Dich (natürlich kostenlos) an und log Dich ein - Dann ist das Forum komplett werbefrei.
Turafrika- von Istanbul nach Kapstadt mit dem LR110 Otokar

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Offroad Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Erlebnisse, Reiseberichte und Geschichten unterm Sternenhimmel Beiträge seit dem letzten Besuch anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht

Club der Ehemaligen

Du bist daheim :-)

...und hat diesen Thread vor 6513 Tagen gestartet!

BeitragVerfasst am: 29.06.2006 17:01:37    Titel: Turafrika- von Istanbul nach Kapstadt mit dem LR110 Otokar
 Antworten mit Zitat  

http://www.turafrika.com/indexeng.htm

Club der Ehemaligen

BeitragVerfasst am: 29.06.2006 17:10:15    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Exactly 178 days, 3 hours, 32 minutes and 29,131km later than 15th of October, 2005 when I left home at Istanbul,
me and my white land Rover are here in the southernmost point of Africa! It is a dream come true!

Club der Ehemaligen

BeitragVerfasst am: 29.06.2006 17:31:04    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Toyota vs Land Rover
As per the vehicle choice of the expeditor, there are two groups of people. Toyota guys and Land Rover guys. A third group prefers trucks: Unimog, Bedford, Pinzgauer and Iveco are a few of the preferred manufacturers; generally the 4x4 models manufactured for military purpose.

The most popular model of Toyota is the HJZ75 series of the Land Cruiser, otherwise known as the Troop Carrier. It is simple, extremely well-made and reliable, hence the most popular among the expeditioners. Other Toyota models such as Land Cruiser 80 and 100 series, Hi-Lux, are not as popular as the 75 series, although rarely used.

Production of Land Rover's classic series (Series I, II and III), 110 and the Defender models started in 1948 and since then have been an essential part of the landscape in Africa. It is uncomfortable, not ergonomic and its models manufactured during the last few years all come with default problems, yet it is still on top of the list for the expeditioners because it is the most widely known / promoted vehicle in Africa. Because it is widely known, mechanics have extensive experience on it and it is easy to find spare parts for this model. There is no shortage of second-hand stock, thanks to the abundance of scrap vehicles. Lastly, it is the easiest vehicle to camouflage; it doesn't attract much attention compared to its peers.

It is impossible to find an HJZ series Toyota Land Cruiser in Turkey. In this country, a Porsche Cayenne, Volkswagen Tuareg or a Lincoln Navigator -especially black ones- is mistaken for a 4WD, and 4WD is seen as an indicator of social status. ToyotaSa, the Toyota manufacturer in Turkey must have thought this, hence a primitive looking and a noisy bundle of metal as HJZ75 has never found its place in Turkish market. Therefore, there is no homologation and you can't even get this vehicle delivered into the country. In this case, if you are considering traveling through Africa with your own vehicle, you don't have a choice other than Land Rover Defender.

Verdict : Land Rover
I chose Land Rover Defender 110. Well first of all, it was going to be impossible to find its alternative, Toyota HJZ75, but also, having driven a variety of Land Rovers for a long period of time and due to my obsession with Camel Trophy, I have a "nostalgic" attachment to Land Rover. At the end of 2004, following a failed effort to find a "clean" second-hand Defender 110 300T di, I decided to put in an order with Otokar for a custom made vehicle for the trip. It was going to be a Land Rover Defender 110 HT (hard top). Work on the technical specs and pricing commenced on January and I placed my order on February 25, 2005. Due credit goes here to the management and staff of Otokar who braved my "difficult customer" demands during the entire process.

Wieder was glernt!
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Offroad Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Erlebnisse, Reiseberichte und Geschichten unterm Sternenhimmel
Seite 1 von 1 Beiträge seit dem letzten Besuch anzeigen || Nach oben
Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen

Forensicherheit

75836 Angriffe abgewehrt

Zeit für Seitenerstellung: 0.07  Sekunden 

Software: phpBB © phpBB Group :: Extensions: flashman.TV :: Impressum + Rechtliches :: Datenschutzerklärung :: Das Team im Überblick :: Filter- und PN-Ignorier-Einstellungen