Hallo lieber Besucher - Meld Dich kostenlos an und mach mit!
Offroad Forum :: Deutschlands größtes markenübergreifendes und werbefreies Allradforum
Login:    
Melde Dich (natürlich kostenlos) an und log Dich ein - Dann ist das Forum komplett werbefrei.
G wagon Diesel
Old G wagon Diesel/differential locks questions

Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter =>

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Offroad Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Mercedes Beiträge seit dem letzten Besuch anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
rrnsss
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2006

...und hat diesen Thread vor 6412 Tagen gestartet!

BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006 15:44:20    Titel: G wagon Diesel
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Hello All,

I have a few questions about the Older G-wagon , with the 4 cyl OM616 and 5 cyl (OM617???) diesel engines.

Here in India they say that the OM616s last for 250000 Kilometers. Is that true ? Has any one had a car with OM616 ? how long did it last?

My car Gurkha uses the same hydraulic mechanism for the Differential locks as does the older G-wagons. How does one go about bleeding and priming these locks? I once opened the hydraulic line with the Diff in unlocked position and never could get the circuit primed with out opening the Diff lock. I had to detach the lock and pull out the slave cylinder and then prime the circuit with DOT4 fluid. Is this common practice ?

I would appreciate any help.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Johannes
Black Forrest Gump
Abenteurer

Mit dabei seit Ende 2005

Fahrzeuge
1. LR 90
2. 90+
3. 100
4. 110
5. V90CC
6. XC90
BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006 16:10:23    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Dear rrnsss.

Your wok with the blocks is correct.

The elderly G had the 2,4 l Diesel Engine , 4 Zyl.,OM 616 or the 3,0 l Diesel Engine OM 617, 5 Zyl.

The Problem with all G Wagons was that the Car was very very heavy, so you can hope that the OM 616 run´s 15000-200 000 Kilometers.
The OM 617 is better.

Both engines were without Turbo, Om 616 72 HP, OM 617 88 HP.

I thouhgt, the Trax Gurkha has the OM 616 bith another head with Turbo with 90 HP and the Gurkha ist not so heavy, so I think you can run with your engine longer.

I hope, this was a little help for you.

Greetins Johannes

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden
murph
Angora-Hähnchen
Abenteurer

Mit dabei seit Anfang 2006

Fahrzeuge
1. 110 TD%
BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006 16:24:39    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Hi Ram,

I drove an om617 (yes it's the 5cyl.) almost 5 years in daily life and in Long Trails and Trophys as well, the right maintenence and a little bit care on, he is good for more than 400 tsd. km (european conditions) think the 4 cyl. must run at least 250tsd easy.

To aerate the difflocks in a hydro system like the 460 G-wagon, the best way is to have 2 good friends cause the first one is pumping inside the push button and the other one is lying down under the axle and will open and close the screw..... you stand beside drink a beer, and coordinate the guys Ätsch

Important is the mutual opening pumping and closing of the screw and the push button.

murph.

was schief gehen kann geht schief.......

Ja,...ich bremse auch für Schwiegermütter
rrnsss
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2006

BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006 16:33:06    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Johannes hat folgendes geschrieben:
Dear rrnsss.

Your wok with the blocks is correct.

The elderly G had the 2,4 l Diesel Engine , 4 Zyl.,OM 616 or the 3,0 l Diesel Engine OM 617, 5 Zyl.

The Problem with all G Wagons was that the Car was very very heavy, so you can hope that the OM 616 run´s 15000-200 000 Kilometers.
The OM 617 is better.

Both engines were without Turbo, Om 616 72 HP, OM 617 88 HP.

I thouhgt, the Trax Gurkha has the OM 616 bith another head with Turbo with 90 HP and the Gurkha ist not so heavy, so I think you can run with your engine longer.

I hope, this was a little help for you.

Greetins Johannes

Yes Sir, thank you for your answer.

The Gurkha has the OM616 with a turbocharger. It is called FT2400 and produces 90 BHP.

The fully Laden weight of the Gurkha is about 2600 Kg.

Am I correct in my understanding that the Differential locks must be detached, the slave cylinder pulled out and then the hydraulic system bleeded ?

I am posting in English as I do not know how to read, write or speak the german language. Please forgive my ignorance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ram
www.force4x4.com
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
rrnsss
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2006

BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006 16:42:21    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

murph hat folgendes geschrieben:
Hi Ram,

I drove an om617 (yes it's the 5cyl.) almost 5 years in daily life and in Long Trails and Trophys as well, the right maintenence and a little bit care on, he is good for more than 400 tsd. km (european conditions) think the 4 cyl. must run at least 250tsd easy.

To aerate the difflocks in a hydro system like the 460 G-wagon, the best way is to have 2 good friends cause the first one is pumping inside the push button and the other one is lying down under the axle and will open and close the screw..... you stand beside drink a beer, and coordinate the guys Ätsch

Important is the mutual opening pumping and closing of the screw and the push button.

I was terrified when I opened it and could not get it to work again. I tried bleeding it and pumping it for 3 hours and finally gave up. Next day morning I prayed to 10000+ hindu gods and decided to open it up , then pulled out the slave cylinder and then bled it and got to work....

So, what you are saying is that when the first guy in the cabin pumps the lock the second guy in the dich opens the bleeder nozzle.... then closes it ...again the first guy pumps and the at the same time the second guy opens it for a second and closes it back.... IS my understanding correct ?

What is the laden (fully loaded with passengers and diesel ) wight of a Diesel G wagon?

Is it's transfer case divorced and seperate like a Gurkha or is it mounted on to the main gear box?

Does the G have an option for PTO ?

I am posting in English as I do not know how to read, write or speak the german language. Please forgive my ignorance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ram
www.force4x4.com
Johannes
Black Forrest Gump
Abenteurer

Mit dabei seit Ende 2005

Fahrzeuge
1. LR 90
2. 90+
3. 100
4. 110
5. V90CC
6. XC90
BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006 16:53:39    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

rrnsss hat folgendes geschrieben:
Hi Ram,

I was terrified when I opened it and could not get it to work again. I tried bleeding it and pumping it for 3 hours and finally gave up. Next day morning I prayed to 10000+ hindu gods and decided to open it up , then pulled out the slave cylinder and then bled it and got to work....

So, what you are saying is that when the first guy in the cabin pumps the lock the second guy in the dich opens the bleeder nozzle.... then closes it ...again the first guy pumps and the at the same time the second guy opens it for a second and closes it back.... IS my understanding correct ?

Yes it is.

What is the laden (fully loaded with passengers and diesel ) wight of a Diesel G wagon?

Most G Wagons, short up to 2800 KG cause of the tax, longer more.
But without Turbo, so the Engine ist constantly running maximum.

Is it's transfer case divorced and seperate like a Gurkha or is it mounted on to the main gear box?

The gearbox is divorced like the Gurkha, but another.
In the Gurkha you have the gearbox of the mercedes Transporter, with short first gear.
the G wagon has the Gearbox from the regular mercedes cars.

Does the G have an option for PTO ?

murph
Angora-Hähnchen
Abenteurer

Fahrzeuge
1. 110 TD%
BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006 16:56:23    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

ram,

1. open screw at Diff lock
2. pull lever
3. close screw at Diff lock
4. push lever
5. open screw at Diff lock
6. pull lever

a.s.o til you get bored, or no bulbs coming out the screw

murph.

Johannes
Black Forrest Gump
Abenteurer

Mit dabei seit Ende 2005

Fahrzeuge
1. LR 90
2. 90+
3. 100
4. 110
5. V90CC
6. XC90
BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006 16:57:14    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

ram,

2. pull lever
4. push lever
6. pull lever

the same work like at the brakes.

rrnsss
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2006

BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006 17:18:00    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Johannes hat folgendes geschrieben:
ram,

2. pull lever
4. push lever
6. pull lever

the same work like at the brakes.

Bleeding like brakes did not work because the slave cylinder for the Diff lock had come all the way in. So when we bled the line there was not enough pressure to push the slave cylinder back out. Unless the slave cylinder was pushed back out , fluid would not fill that space.

So no matter how much I bled it just would not move . So I had to open it , pull it out and then fill it with fluid and bleed it.

Does this mean some thing is wrong with my locks? May be my return springs are too stiff???

Does any one have any pictures of the drive train , aux gear box etc of the G?

Also does the G come with a PTO ?

Ram
www.force4x4.com
Johannes
Black Forrest Gump
Abenteurer

Mit dabei seit Ende 2005

Fahrzeuge
1. LR 90
2. 90+
3. 100
4. 110
5. V90CC
6. XC90
BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006 17:27:21    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

I think your locks are okay , but you have some air in your hydraulik system.

murph
Angora-Hähnchen
Abenteurer

Fahrzeuge
1. 110 TD%
BeitragVerfasst am: 08.09.2006 10:49:46    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Sorry. stupid question,

your brake liquid tank for the difflock hydro system was everytime full, or was maybe there possibility to get some air in the system ???

murph.

rrnsss
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2006

BeitragVerfasst am: 08.09.2006 12:38:27    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Sorry. stupid question,

your brake liquid tank for the difflock hydro system was everytime full, or was maybe there possibility to get some air in the system ???

The hydraulic lock occured because we dismantled the system for doing some modifications on the frame .... and when we reconnected we could not remove air lock

But yes , the tank was and is always full

Ram
www.force4x4.com
Gurkha
Bin neu hier
Bin neu hier

Mit dabei seit Ende 2006

BeitragVerfasst am: 22.12.2006 05:00:25    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Murph,

The Gurkha has options for PTO, as a matter of fact, comes standard in military model along with front and rear Diff locks. As for life of OM616 turbo, with just regular maintenance with good oil, they last well over 400,000 miles with ease, my Gurkha engine is now nearing 100,000 miles, I change my oil with Delo 400 every 5000 miles, between oil changes, my engine never needs any top ups believe it or not.

The Diff locks can be very tricky when dismantled, otherwise, they are very easy to flush, I flush my entire hydraulics ever year, I change my rubber parts on my hydraulics every three years, after 7 years of owning the Gurkha, never had any problems either with my brakes, clutch or Diff locks.

Club der Ehemaligen

Du bist daheim :-)

BeitragVerfasst am: 22.12.2006 08:19:44    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Welcome to the offroad-forum, Ghurka. Winke Winke
Impressive maintenace for your car, Good Job!
Your Trax should be in very good hands!
Where are you from and do you have some pics of the Ghurka?
Gurkha
Bin neu hier
Bin neu hier

Mit dabei seit Ende 2006

BeitragVerfasst am: 22.12.2006 12:52:59    Titel:
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Bondgirl,

Thank you for the warmest and sweetest of welcomes, you can find a pic of my Gurkha here at http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=678

I am a much travelled man having lived in NY for 17 years and finally back to my homeland India and now living in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India, it borders Leh which has the highest roadable point on earth where I travelled recently with my Gurkha and 1969 HINO engine Nissan Patrol. The Gurkha also travelled entire length of India from north to south and back which is around 9200KM, went through hell like severe 45C weather in Rajasthan as well as torrential rain and floods where half the vehicle was submerged.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Offroad Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Mercedes Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter =>
Seite 1 von 2 Beiträge seit dem letzten Besuch anzeigen || Nach oben
Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen

Forensicherheit

12784 Angriffe abgewehrt

Zeit für Seitenerstellung: 0.256  Sekunden 

Software: phpBB © phpBB Group :: Extensions: flashman.TV :: Impressum + Rechtliches :: Datenschutzerklärung :: Das Team im Überblick :: Filter- und PN-Ignorier-Einstellungen