Hallo lieber Besucher - Meld Dich kostenlos an und mach mit!
Offroad Forum :: Deutschlands größtes markenübergreifendes und werbefreies Allradforum
Login:    
Melde Dich (natürlich kostenlos) an und log Dich ein - Dann ist das Forum komplett werbefrei.
OM616 starting problem

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Offroad Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Mercedes Beiträge seit dem letzten Besuch anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
rrnsss
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2006

...und hat diesen Thread vor 6422 Tagen gestartet!

BeitragVerfasst am: 20.09.2006 05:31:24    Titel: OM616 starting problem
 Antworten mit Zitat  

There seems to be a peculiar problem with my Car.

Every day before I leave for office, I come down to the basement start my car , then go up and fetch my computer and lunch bag before I leave for office. This way I let it idle for four to five minutes.

After I have not started my car for 2 or 3 days, when I start it up, it starts instantly and starts running. But by the time I go up and come back down, the engine shuts off. When I try to re start the engine, it takes atleast five or six attempts. I have to crank and play with the gas pedal...then crank and try again ...etc . Even then the engine sputters and gives out a bit of black smoke, and does not respond to the throttle for about 30 seconds to a minute.

Then the engine seems to run smoothly.

This has happened twice so far and on both occassions my Diesel tank was near to empty.

It has never happened to me when I am using my car daily.

I am posting in English as I do not know how to read, write or speak the german language. Please forgive my ignorance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ram
www.force4x4.com
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen

Club der Ehemaligen

Du bist daheim :-)

BeitragVerfasst am: 20.09.2006 08:24:22    Titel: Re: OM616 starting problem
 Antworten mit Zitat  

rrnsss hat folgendes geschrieben:
....................... on both occassions my Diesel tank was near to empty...

This may be the reason. The pump sucks air from the near empty tank and you will have air pockets in the fuel line.

But why letting the engine idle for 5 minutes ? There is no advantage in letting it run.
rrnsss
Offroader
Offroader

Mit dabei seit Ende 2006

...und hat diesen Thread vor 6422 Tagen gestartet!

BeitragVerfasst am: 22.09.2006 05:55:37    Titel: Re: OM616 starting problem
 Antworten mit Zitat  

Hello All,

I tested the same thing with a full tank of diesel. Filled up my tank and did not touch the car for 48 hours, and it had no such problems on start up today

I let it idle for 5 minutes because It warms up my engine before I start applying load and the user manual for my car says that since it is turbo charged, the vehicle has to be run for two minutes at idling speed when started after a long time and before stopping after a long drive.

Ram

I am posting in English as I do not know how to read, write or speak the german language. Please forgive my ignorance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ram
www.force4x4.com
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Offroad Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Mercedes
Seite 1 von 1 Beiträge seit dem letzten Besuch anzeigen || Nach oben
Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen

Forensicherheit

59654 Angriffe abgewehrt

Zeit für Seitenerstellung: 0.115  Sekunden 

Software: phpBB © phpBB Group :: Extensions: flashman.TV :: Impressum + Rechtliches :: Datenschutzerklärung :: Das Team im Überblick :: Filter- und PN-Ignorier-Einstellungen